[Insight-users] QuadEdgeMeshNormalFilter - Outwards or inwards

Oscar Esteban oesteban at die.upm.es
Sat Oct 26 01:05:47 EDT 2013

Dear Jon, Arnaud,

Thanks a lot for your answers, and sorry that I missed your answers for a
long while.

I didn't try to visualize it (never managed to write vectors on vtk
polydata, probably is very easy but I must admit I've been rather sloppy
regarding that).

What Arnaud commented makes a lot of sense. On my case, I empirically check
the direction and they are inwards. But probably, it'd be much faster and
reliable if I checked the order of triangles as Arnaud suggested.

Thanks a lot

Best,
Oscar Esteban

*Oscar Esteban*
PhD Student / Researcher

Biomedical Image Technologies (BIT), UPM
ETSI Telecomunicación Lab. C203, Av. Complutense s/n - E-28040 Madrid
(Spain)
+34 915 495 700 ext.4234

Signal Processing Laboratory (LTS5), EPFL-STI-IEL-LTS5
ELD 224 (Bâtiment ELD), Station 11, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland