[Insight-users] Path detection and level set evolution on texture

Nirmal Patel npate012 at odu.edu
Tue Oct 29 14:32:52 EDT 2013

Dear ITK users,

I have a 2D image. It has many closed regions and curved lines which
go through some of the regions. I am using level sets to detect the
closed regions. However, the curved lines inside some regions stop the
level set evolution before contour reaches the boundaries of the
region. So, I want to detect those curved lines. If I put two points
on the two ends of a line and how can I get the path of the line? I
looked at:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/213

However, I could not compile it. When I run cmake, I get the following warning:

#####
This warning appears
  because target "MinimalPathMain" links to some libraries for which the
  linker must search:

    ITKIO, ITKNumerics, ITKBasicFilters, -lpthread, dl, -lm, m

  and other libraries with known full path:

    /usr/lib/libITKCommon-4.4.so.1
#####

When I try to compile it, I get the following error:
/home/npate012/src/MinimalPath/Source/itkSingleImageCostFunction.txx:20:22:
fatal error: vnl_math.h: No such file or directory

I am treating the lines as textures when there are several lines
inside a region. So, how should I segment a textured image using level
sets if I have a texture map for the image? Lastly, is there any way
to evolve a contour without using level set methods?

Any other suggestions to approach this problem will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Nirmal