[Insight-users] How to convert SimpleITK image to VTK data

jmerkow jmerkow at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 11:59:49 EDT 2013

I am looking to do something similar.  I have an NRRD that I read in VTK.  I
am using ImageReslice to obtain slices along a path (3D path along
vasculature).  I want to reslice the image and display a single slice. Since
display is significantly easier in SimpltITK, I wanted to convert the
vtkImageData to a format that SimpleITK can read.  I would also love to do
be able to do this for various other reasons.  Since this post is about 2
years old, are there any updated methods in SimpleITK or VTK6 to convert VTK
-> SimpleITK, SimpleITK -> VTK?