[Insight-users] Fusing two volumes, how-to?

Robert Manzke paradenker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 12:41:11 EDT 2013

Hi,

I want to create one single volume from two .mhd files.
I also have a 4x4 transformation matrix which maps one volume into another.

So basically, I need an interpolator and a merge function, i.e. average
volume 1 and 2, to create a single volume.
The single volume will have a larger size than the two individual ones, if
the transform is not identity.

It can happen that both images have different gray level histograms, so
histogram matching before fusion is also desirable.

Can anyone lead me into the right direction how to do this with itk?
I would volunteer to post my final code for a small how-to, once it works.

Thanks,
Bob