[Insight-users] Fusing two volumes, how-to?

Robert Manzke paradenker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 11:26:05 EDT 2013

Hi Siavash, Christopher, all

I have progressed a bit and am able to add two identical images. However,
if I take two images which do not "occupy the same physical space", e.g.
due to different voxel spacing etc. it fails.

I think I need to
- calculate the maximum bounds (/dimensions) of the fused image containing
the two individual images
- resample both images to the combined one which is large enough to contain
both other images

Is there any advice how to go from here?

I have attached my code so far...

This task must have been solved many times since if you have registered two
images using any method, one may want to represent those two images in one
image (space)...?

Thanks much,
Bob