[Insight-users] how to change 2D ITK-images to 3D Image Volume

shiwei swingsw89 at 163.com
Tue Sep 24 11:14:01 EDT 2013

Hi,all~
As I first read a 3D Image Volume slice by slice,then after processing each slice I need to change them to a 3D volume for further processing, However, I can't use itk::ImageSeriesReader for my pixeltype now is double and it takes to much time to write out the 2D image first.
       I wonder if there is a class to help me read the 2D slices directly to 3D volume just in the memory.Also, I still eager to know whether there is a class can direclty extract a part of 3D volume from a bigger one.Beacuse IF there is no way to deal with that ,I will have to change all the 2D images to 2D Array then combine them to 3D Array which I think may take a lot of time.
       Do you have any way to figure this out? Thank you all !