[Insight-users] recommended steps for building ITKv4 with modules

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Thu Sep 26 12:08:44 EDT 2013

Great work, Xiaoxiao!

I would be interested in others feedback on the contribution diagram.
Specifically, the criteria and policies for merging into ITK -- should
all new classes required to be in the Insight Journal?  On the one
hand, code that is not documented or has not undergone peer review has
relatively little value.  Once code is merged into the toolkit, it
carries with it a heavy maintenance burden.  On the other hand, there
is overhead associated with submitting an Insight Journal article.
Maybe this should not be a strict requirement until we have lowered
that overhead or increased other incentives for an Insight Journal
submission.

Thanks,
Matt