[ITK-users] [ITK] CompositeTransform forward backward order

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed Apr 2 16:21:54 EDT 2014

Hi Emma,

When adding transforms to a CompositeTransform, the order matters--
transforms are added to a queue and applied sequentially.  A point is
transformed with the transform in the order given.

The inverse therefore needs to go in the inverse order.  Note that
CompositeTransform has a ::GetInverse implemented, and it makes sure
to also reverse the order [1].

Drawing a picture of the two images and the two transforms can help to
conceptually clarify the process.

Hope this helps,
Matt

[1] http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=blob;f=Modules/Core/Transform/include/itkCompositeTransform.hxx;h=b390d2706fc50eab140de091dc9b90ca640c61cb;hb=HEAD#l623