[ITK-users] [ITK] Exception when running IO example ImageReadCastWrite in Xcode

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Mon Apr 7 09:06:24 EDT 2014

Hi Ramon,

Glad to hear you have been successful.

When CMake is used to build your project, it can import the build
configuration of the target library and generate the project files and
makefiles with that information.  This decreases build configuration
overhead, reduces bugs, improves flexibility and portability, and
improves compatibility.  CMake imports all the libraries, their
location, and the location of all dependent libraries, including
system libraries if they are selected, and correctly exports this
information.  With a single set of CMake scripts, developers are not
limited to XCode or a particular version of XCode.  When the times
comes that a XCode is upgraded or a different build system is desired,
all the manual work does not have to be redone.  When a different
version of ITK or another library is desired, there is not extra work
required if CMake is used.  Using CMake is a best practice.

HTH,
Matt