[ITK-users] C++11?

Becksfort, Jared Jared.Becksfort at STJUDE.ORG
Tue Apr 15 18:03:44 EDT 2014

Thank you Brad and Hans for replying.  Unfortunately I am still having
problems. Two things I think are odd are that

- ccmake finds my CXX environment variable but not my CXX_FLAGS, according
to the curses window.
- It seems like the error I am getting is that it is trying to add
-std=c++11 to the compilation of a C file.

I remove the bin/* directory between each attempt, so I doubt it is a
caching problem.

L130723:bin jbecksfo$ echo $CXX
/usr/bin/clang++		### this value shows up in the ccmake configuration
window
L130723:bin jbecksfo$ echo $CXX_FLAGS
-std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++	### this value does not show up in the ccmake
configuration window

I then run make (which I *think* I am supposed to do) and the error I get
happens whether I use cmake with arguments or ccmake:

Scanning dependencies of target itksys
[ 21%] Building C object
Modules/ThirdParty/KWSys/src/KWSys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/ProcessUNIX.c.o
error: invalid argument '-std=c++11' not allowed with 'C/ObjC'
make[2]: ***
[Modules/ThirdParty/KWSys/src/KWSys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/ProcessUNIX.c.o]
Error 1
make[1]: ***
[Modules/ThirdParty/KWSys/src/KWSys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I can attach files if that would help.  I appreciate very much whatever
information you can provide.

Thanks,
Jared