[ITK-users] header direction matrix error when reading in ITK

Emma Saunders emmasaunders123 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:59:48 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I have a vector field produced by antsRegistration which uses ITKV4.  It
produces a vector field which when I try to read with both ITK and ITKsnap
I receive an error regarding the direction matrix.

When loading this nii file into matlab however I obtain the quaternions as:

     quatern_b: -0.5000
      quatern_c: 0.5000
      quatern_d: -0.5000

Which results in a valid direction matrix R=[0 0 1; -1 0 0; 0  -1 0].

How can ITK not read this data, is it doing something more with the nii
file header?

The file is only 1 slice but the dimensions are consistent i.e 64x64x1

Has anyone any idea where the problem lies?

I have attached the file if anyone is interested

Thanks

Emma