[ITK-users] gdcmIO reader has known bugs?

Jim Miller millerjv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 11:21:46 EDT 2014

The rescale intersept needs to be managed by the code calling gdcm. When ITK reads a file, the rescale intersept is applied to the pixel data. At that point the ITK images has a rescale intersept of 0. If the. Want to write the data back out as it came in, you will need to remove the rescale intersept from the pixel data and then add that tag to the meta data dictionary to write out.

Jim