[ITK-users] Overload GenerateOutputInformation

Gianna Nigro gianna.nigro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 18:13:08 EDT 2014

Hi,
I'm writing a filter and I'm having some problems with the allocation of
the output image.
My filter should take in input a 4D image and should give as output a 4D
image, with different number of elements in the fourth dimension (so if I'm
not wrong, size of output image is different from size of input image).
So I have to overload GenerateOutputInformation, is it correct?
If it is so, I need some help to do it.
The filter should analyse elements in the fourth dimension of Input Image
(for example 17 elements), throuth some mathematical models, and fill the
fourth dimension of the output image with parameters extracted with these
models (for example 4 parametres).
Could someone explain me, step by step, how can I overload
GenerateOutputInformation?