[ITK-users] Deriving from the ITK Patch Based Denoising Filter

Ricky Singla rsingla92 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:00:29 EDT 2014

Hi all!

Let me preface this by saying that I have minimal experience in ITK and may
be looking entirely at the wrong place.

I'm looking to implement a non-local means denoising filter for some images
with multiplicative speckle noise. I noticed that ITK has a lovely software
framework for implementing a non-local weighted averaging of image patches
(PatchBasedDenoisingBaseImageFilter). As well, I saw the implemented class
PatchBasedDenoisingImageFilter. While the latter looks like an excellent
implementation, it is also fairly complex.

I was hoping to hear if anyone else has derived from the
PBDBaseImageFilter, and what their experience was like, and what major
steps to take.

Cheers,
Ricky Singla