[ITK-users] [ITK] adding a global hierarchical watershed segmentation mode to itksnap

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Mon Aug 11 10:20:58 EDT 2014

Have you tried segmentation tools in 3D Slicer? There is a multi-label watershed segmentation tool that works in 3d (http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Modules/Editor#WatershedFromMarkers), there are also a number of other generic semi-automatic segmentation tools (such as GrowCut) and a few fully-automatic specialized tools (for brain, airways, etc). Download the nightly build and also checkout the Segmentation category in the Extension Manager.

Andras