[ITK-users] Anti-alias filter

Tobias Gass gass at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 11 12:18:03 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I'm having problems using the anti-alias filter, which I want to use in
order to smooth a binary segmentation volume. I'm using essentially the
example code from the repository, which for my input file seems to start
oscillating after 2 iterations, leading to weird 'pointy' artifacts on the
surface as can be seen from the attached screenshot (AA filter output is on
the left, input on the right).

Is there any parameter to set/implement which could improve the behavior of
this filter? I'm assuming that my input is reasonable, or is this something
the filter is expected to have problems with? It is notable that such
errors seem to mainly appear in 'flat' regions of the volume, and are not
apparent in the curved shaft of the bone.

Any help, or pointers to further resources are appreciated,
thanks,
Tobias