[ITK-users] Silly question on itk::Matrix

vincent ngai vincent.ngai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 03:30:44 EDT 2014

Hi all, pardon me for this silly question on itk::Matrix. Why do I need to
transpose a translation matrix after I copy the [x,y,z] translation values
to the matrix[3].

I know conceptually it should not really matter whether its row or col
major so long as you can
post multiply or pre multiply with another vector. But the way operator*()
works only allows for
Matrix * P, and when I test the simple case of TranslationMatrix * Point, I
would have to transpose the matrix. If I could also do Point *
TranslationMatrix, then i wouldn't need to transpose.

Any ideas?

Vincent