[ITK-users] Airway tree segmentation and segmentation dark object from an image

alaamegawer alaamegawer at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 09:40:43 EDT 2014

Hi All

I wanna segment the airway tree from Thoracic CT image. my algorithm depends
on
1- segment the center of the trachea then
2 apply 3D region growing to segment the trachea the main bronchi .

i start segmenting the center of the trachea by applying iterative threshold
and after that i stopped because i don't know how to get the dark region
from the bright region as found in the attachment file.

so Please help me to segment this point and if you have another way to
segment the airway please let me know .
<http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n7586130/trachea.png>
<http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n7586130/trachea.png>