[ITK-users] [ITK] Strange Visual Studio 2012 problem

Girish Mallya Udupi indianzeppelin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 06:35:44 EDT 2014

Ok, I've never actually built the "INSTALL" project and the oldest ITK
version I have used is ITK-4.5.1. The folders you see ('CMakeFiles' etc)
look normal to me since those are present in the build folder. Anyway, it
might be worth trying to build ITK again using the following simple steps.
(You might be aware of all the steps, but mentioning them all here just for
the sake of completeness).

1) Create a root folder e.g., D:\ITK-4.5
2) Create two folders in the root folder "src" and "bin"
3) Put the ITK source tree in the src folder. So this folder would have the
main ITK CMakeLists.txt.
4) Configure and generate using CMake with "D:\ITK-4.5\src" as source
folder and "D:\ITK-4.5\bin" as binary directory
5) Then open the ITK.sln from "D:\ITK-4.5\bin" and build the solution.
6) Once built, edit the ITK environment variable ITK_DIR  to point to "
D:\ITK-4.5\bin"

I've never faced any problem using ITK in my projects after building it
this way. I am still a beginner, so someone more knowledgeable could point
out what exactly the problem was with your build.

Girish