[ITK-users] Exception in itk::ResampleImageFilter multithreaded part after ITK migration from 3.20.1 to 4.6.1

Simon ESNEAULT simon.esneault at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 06:54:43 EST 2014

Hello ITK community

After the migration from ITK 3.20.1 to ITK 4.6.1, I'm getting a runtime
exception when using itk::ResampleImageFilter in our framework. The output
looks like this :

Problem during Resample filtering:
D:\Dev\DevCpp-Qt5\cmake-externals\ITK\src\Modules\Core\Common\src\itkMultiThreader.cxx:358:
itk::ERROR: MultiThreader(31CAAD18): Exception occurred during
SingleMethodExecute
c:\dev\Dev_qt5\externals\itk-4.6.1\win32\include\itkImageSource.hxx:267:
itk::ERROR: ResampleImageFilter(31AC2E90): Subclass should override this
method!!!
The signature of ThreadedGenerateData() has been changed in ITK v4 to use
the new ThreadIdType.
ResampleImageFilter::ThreadedGenerateData() might need to be updated to
used it.

That is weird, because the itkResampleImageFilter is the one delivered with
ITK 4.6.1, so it must have followed the API changed ...

The context is :
Visual Studio 2013 community, 32 bit build, ITK build in shared library
mode. That's quite a big project, with VTK, Qt, OpenCV, DCMTK, zlib ...
I'm not using cmake in the usual way (ie no find_package(ITK)
include(${ITK_USE_FILE})
) but we list the libraries and includes. I know there are some factories
to register in that case, we're doing this in the main.cpp :
itk::TransformFactoryBase::RegisterDefaultTransforms();
itk::PNGImageIOFactory::RegisterOneFactory();
itk::MetaImageIOFactory::RegisterOneFactory();
itk::NrrdImageIOFactory::RegisterOneFactory();

Am I missing some others factories to register in order to run properly the
resampleImageFilter ?
Anyone else had a similar runtime exception with a native ITK filte, or
know what would raise such an exception ?