[ITK-users] How to abort execution of ImageRegistrationMethodv4 / Optimizer

Bryn Lloyd lloyd at itis.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 4 17:18:11 EST 2014

Hi

I recently started using ITK again and am trying out the ITK
registration framework v4.

I am trying to gracefully abort/stop the ImageRegistrationMethodv4
process, however it just continues.

In my Command class, which observes an IterationEvent of the
ImageRegistrationMethodv4 and Optimizer  I call
1.  registration_method_v4->SetAbortGenerateData( true ); // object of
type ImageRegistrationMethodv4<...>

2. optimizer->StopOptimization();

However, the process just continues to execute. Is this supposed to
work? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and best regards
Bryn