[ITK-users] [ITK] Computing/Getting the attributes of ShapeLabelObject

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Dec 9 09:11:06 EST 2014

Hello,

ITK 3.14 is over 5 years old, and appears not to even have this IJ paper merged into the Review directory. I _strongly_ recommend upgrading! I don't even know what code you are using.

It looks like the IJ paper says the roundness is related to the ratio of the areas, but currently (4.7rc1) it computation is does as a ratio of the perimeters[1]. The BinaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter has some optional computation, among those are computing the peremeter, did you try calling BinaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter::ComputePerimeterOn()?

Brad

[1] https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Filtering/LabelMap/include/itkShapeLabelMapFilter.hxx#L625