[ITK-users] [ITK-dev] ITK 4.7 Release Candidate 2 has been tagged!

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 14:40:08 EST 2014

I did this build with the VS 2013 compiler, and the Ninja cmake
generator, and it basically worked:

https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3614855

The 3 test timeouts I guess are expected because it's a Debug build.

I tried to do it by following just the directions in this email to run
the dashboard, and there are some things I would add to future emails
to make it even easier:

- running "ctest" like that works fine for submitting an Experimental
dashboard, but: it assumes you've configured an ITK build tree already
with CMake... perhaps it should be mentioned that you need to run
cmake first

- when running CMake, and using make files or Ninja generator, the
default build type appears to be Debug -- when configuring, use -D
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release to avoid the long long long test times of a
Debug build on Windows

- when running ctest, use "-j 4" or "-j 8" or however many processors
you can spare to actually run the tests..... My dashboard took over 4
hours because it was a Debug build, and I was running the exact
command line in the email with ctest, and just simply forgot that when
running a dashboard this way, you have to tell ctest how many
processes to test at once...

Bottom line:
4.7rc02 looks good to me, go for it!

Cheers,