[Insight-users] Deformable Simplex Mesh Initialized with Landmarks (Segmentation)

Ryan rarmst2 at uwo.ca
Sun Feb 2 12:41:30 EST 2014

Hi All,

I haven't been able to find a direct solution to my problem and would
greatly appreciate any suggestions.

I have a high resolution volumetric image (MRI) where I wish to create a
geometric template from for a specific structure through manual segmentation
and then use it as a deformable model for segmentation of lower resolution
images through a filter such as itk::DeformableSimplexMesh3DFilter.

Since I expect high variability in the feature we are extracting, I want to
allow initialization of the model within an image through the selection of
landmarks. Using a simplex mesh, I'm not sure how to assign corresponding
landmarks and then deform the mesh based on their position in a novel image.

The ultimate goal is to create a smooth triangle mesh (high density)
corresponding to the anatomical geometry of the low resolution image.

Is this possible or is there a better approach?

Thanks,
Ryan