[Insight-users] morphology operations on labeled image

Kanishka kanishkasharma10 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 10:46:20 EST 2014

Ok, I think I should explain it better..I have a grayscale image which is
divided into several labels after using multiple otsu thresholds. however,
due to inhomogeneity of intensities in the image, traces of some labels
appear inside other labels. i want to erode these small portions of labels.
Since the labels are touching each other, it is rather difficult to have
independent operation on the particular label I want to erode (the one seen
in traces in the other label). According to the suggestions in this post, I
see pulling out the particular label, eroding and then merging back with
other labels as the way to go.