[Insight-users] Problems with SCIFIO

Sami Koho sami.koho at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 06:16:38 EST 2014

Hello again,

I finally had some time to dedicate to this SCIFIO problem. Just to make
sure that I did not do anything stupid, I made a clean build of the whole
ITK (with the new 4.5.1 version), with SCIFIO module enabled. Then I
removed my old installation from /usr/local/lib - by manually deleting the
*.so* files, the ITK4.5 directory and the cmake directory containing some
ITK files - after which I installed my new build of the ITK4.5.1. I still
have the same problem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "itk_image_load_test.py", line 13, in <module>
    image = itkutils.itk_read_image(image_path, image_type='IUC2')
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/iocbio/io/itk_io_utilites.py", line
18, in itk_read_image
    itk_image_reader = getattr(itk.ImageFileReader, image_type).New()
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.5/Python/itkLazy.py", line 37, in
__getattribute__
    itkBase.LoadModule(module, namespace)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.5/Python/itkBase.py", line 95, in LoadModule
    LoadModule(dep, namespace)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.5/Python/itkBase.py", line 103, in LoadModule
    if not swigModuleName in sys.modules: module =
loader.load(swigModuleName)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.5/Python/itkBase.py", line 214, in load
    return imp.load_module(name, fp, pathname, description)
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.5/Python/ITKCommonPython.py", line 30, in
<module>
    _ITKCommonPython = swig_import_helper()
  File "/usr/local/lib/ITK-4.5/Python/ITKCommonPython.py", line 26, in
swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_ITKCommonPython', fp, pathname, description)
*ImportError: libitkSCIFIO-4.5.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory*

Yet, as I reported last time around, the libitkSCIFIO-4.5.so.1 is
there in */usr/local/lib
*with all the other ITK shared object files. Is there something I may still
be doing wrong, or is this a bug?

I will just have to use ITK without SCIFIO for now...

Best,

Sami