[Insight-users] BET creating a black dot

yhdks yhdks89 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 14:35:56 EST 2014

When I extract the brain of DTI images by using BET ( Brain Extraction Tool
<http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/BET>  ) in FSL, I get a black dot on
the brain-extracted image for some of the DTI images.

I tried changing the value of -f flag from the default 0.5 to 0.4, 0.3, 0.2
and 0.1, and it solves the issue. However, there was no one value for -f
flag that makes every DTI image to not have the black dot. In other words,
if I change the value to 0.4, image A no longer has the black dot; however,
image B that did not have the black dot with the value 0.5 now has the black
dot with the value 0.4.
(see attached)

Is there any way to prevent DTI images to have this black dot?
(I think the low resolution of DTI images causes this issue)

Thank you very much.

Youngha An