[Insight-users] Upsampling and Interpolators

Jose Ignacio Prieto joseignacio.prieto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 16:40:58 EST 2014

Hi all, I am trying to upsample an image using this example as base
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/Filtering_2ResampleVolumesToBeIsotropic_8cxx-example.html#_a5
I have MRI cine data with spacing like 1:1:8. I mounted all time frames
into a 4D image and I would like to upsample on Z axis to get 1:1:1. I was
wondering if I should better divide the 4D image  into a vector of 3D
images so the interpolator wouldn't mix different times frames or it
doesn't matter. ( also because I am interested in performance). Is it ok to
use the linear interpolator for MRI? Or I should use BSPline? If so, is it
faster to work on 3D  for the splines??

Thank you very much

Ignacio Prieto

Software Developer
Biomedical Imaging Center
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile