[Insight-users] SimpleITK 0.8 Release Candidate 1

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Feb 28 13:35:31 EST 2014

OK,

There is likely a recent versioning requirement for easy_install. Thanks you very much to giving it a try!

I have been using a lot of virtual environments recently, likely including the latest setuptools version 2.2.

The virtualenv I just tested on OSX 10.8, has setuptools 0.9.8 and successfully downloaded the RC1. Then I updated to setuptools 2.2, and it still worked.

However, this didn't even work with the system easy_install:

$ /usr/bin/easy_install --version
usage: easy_install [options] requirement_or_url ...
   or: easy_install --help

error: option --version not recognized

$ /usr/bin/python -c "import setuptools; print setuptools.__version__"
0.6c12

-Brad

>>> Brad