[Insight-users] Version 4.5 and QT issue

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jan 15 09:42:59 EST 2014

You can utilize otool in inspect libraries and executables:

$ otool -L `which qmake`
/usr/bin/qmake:
	/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 38.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.9.0)
	/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 625.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 123.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 44.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 550.0.0)
$ qmake -version
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.8.5 in /Library/Frameworks

You should/need to use the same standard C++ library a cross your project. Unless you can ensure that you std library c++ symbols intermingle.

Brad

On Jan 15, 2014, at 9:35 AM, Alessandro <notinmyhead at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since Qt comes from the installation dmg, unfortunately I don’t know how it was compiled.
>
> How the compilation flags may have some impact on the includes used by qmake to compile the project?
>
> Alessandro
>
> On 15/gen/2014, at 15:18, Bradley Lowekamp <blowekamp at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
>
>> The new clang/XCode changed from GNU's libstdc++ to LLVM's libc++.
>>
>> Is your Qt library compiled with libc++ or libstdc++? Likely libstdc++. I'd suggest deleting you ITK build and doing a completely fresh configure and build with adding the following on the initial command line: "-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-stdlib=libstdc++ "
>>
>> type_traits are in tr1 and c++11. ITK does try compiles to detect type_traits, changing your C++ Standard library of language version may change the results.
>>
>> Brad
>>

>> On Jan 15, 2014, at 8:58 AM, Alessandro <notinmyhead at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I successfully compiled and installed the 4.5 version on OSX Maverick. When I’ve tried to include new lib in the Qt Project (Qt libraries 4.8.x), I got the following error:
>>>
>>> /usr/local/include/ITK-4.5/itkImageAlgorithm.h:24:12: fatal error: 'type_traits' file not found
>>> #  include <type_traits>
>>>
>>> How can I solve it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alessandro