[Insight-users] itkSYN itkBsplineSYN Image Registration- Optimizer Documentation??

Emma Saunders emmasaunders123 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 10:30:37 EST 2014

Hi all

I am trying to use the Syn methods mentioned above.

I would simply like to set my framework up to estimate the learning rate at
each iteration.  So far this has proved problematic as the optimization
process is contained within the methods itself and whenever I try to find a
solution need to look through ANTS header files and I still have no luck.

Is there a simple way to set the learning rate given a scaleEstimator for
these methods (without using the ans registration helper ) or must one
simply choose one at the beginning and hope for the best??

I am also finding it difficult to determine which optimizer these methods
use as in the ANTS headers there are two options a GradientDescent and a
conjugate gradient descent, any ideas??

I initially used the ITK libraries as they provided a method that I could
begin using state of the art image processing algorithms without the steep
learning curve, is there any pending documentation or software guide for
the new ITKV4 framework.

Thanks

Emma