[Insight-users] [ITK Community] SpatialObject IO

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jan 27 14:53:00 EST 2014

Hi Luke,

Yes, I see your point.

What comes to mind is to write a specialized Writer class that could
take as input a GroupSpatialObject, and inspect it for the presence
of itkLineSpatialObjects, then proceed to write them out as .vtk files.

It wouldn't fit initially into the IO Spatial framework (since that
addresses
a much more generic case), but would allow you to address the
immediate issue at hand.

It could also be later transformed into a writer of GCode files,
and in this way provide dual use for supporting basic 3D printing   ;-)

Please let us know if you would like to take a cut at writing such class,
maybe a:

                 itkGroupSpatialObjectVTKPolyLineWriter

we will be happy to assist you in the process.