[ITK-users] Assigning to VariableSizeMatrix

DVigneault davis.vigneault at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:53:01 EDT 2014

All--

I'm getting a segmentation fault upon attempting to assign to an
itk::VariableSizeMatrix.  I tried to find an example of its usage in the
doxygen, wiki, and software manual, but didn't see one.  Here's a minimal
example of my problem:

#include "itkVariableSizeMatrix.h"

int main( int argc, char * argv[] )
{

	if( argc != 1 )
    {
        std::cerr << "Usage: " << argv[0] << std::endl;
        return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }

    typedef itk::VariableSizeMatrix< double > MatrixType;

	MatrixType matrix;
	matrix(0,0) = 1.0; // Segmentation fault: 11

  return EXIT_SUCCESS;

}

Can anyone point out my mistake, or point me toward an example?

Best, and thanks,

--Davis