[ITK-users] MirrorPadding of masked image

Marco Ulge marco.ulge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:43:32 EDT 2014

Hello everybody,

i am pretty new to itk and right now i'm trying to figure out how to pad a
masked image (using itkMirrorPadImageFilter class). I could only achieve it
partially as the following code correctly pads the upper, the left and the
bottom side of the masked image, however the right side's not correctly
padded, i assume because of the mask which sets the pixels to the outside
region.

Can anybody help me with this? Below is my code:

#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkMaskImageFilter.h"
#include "itkImageRegionIterator.h"
#include "QuickView.h"
#include "itkImageFileWriter.h"
#include "itkMirrorPadImageFilter.h"

typedef itk::Image<unsigned char, 2>  ImageType;

void CreateHalfMask(ImageType::Pointer image, ImageType::Pointer &mask);

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  if(argc < 2)
    {
    std::cerr << "Usage: " << argv[0] << " filename" << std::endl;
    return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }

  typedef itk::ImageFileReader<ImageType> ReaderType;
  reader->SetFileName(argv[1]);
  reader->Update();

  ImageType::Pointer mask = ImageType::New();
  CreateHalfMask(reader->GetOutput(), mask);

  typedef itk::MaskImageFilter< ImageType, ImageType > MaskFilterType;
  MaskFilterType::Pointer maskFilter = MaskFilterType::New();
  maskFilter->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
  maskFilter->SetMaskImage(mask);

  ImageType::SizeType lowerBound;
  lowerBound[0] = 20;
  lowerBound[1] = 30;