[ITK-users] multithreaded programming of itkScalarImageToHistogramGenerator

冯婷婷 fttfzzx227 at 126.com
Sat Jun 7 04:28:58 EDT 2014

Hi,
     I used itkScalarImageToHistogramGenerator to calculate the histogram of about 8000 2D images .But the speed is very slow ,I learned that ITK can support multithreaded programming. Then I have three questions :1) Only filters that have the function ThreadedGenerateData() defined can support multithreaded programming? 2) If filters doesn't have this function,such as  itkScalarImageToHistogramGenerator,can I just write one for it ?3) If can't ,then what can I do to increase the speed of the calculation of the histograms of  a large number of  images?

     Any help would be appreciated ,thanks!

Best regards!

Tina