[ITK-users] (no subject)

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Mon Jun 9 02:19:35 EDT 2014

Dear Charles,
welcome to ITK.

There is no definite solution (yet) to the vascular tree extraction
problem. The problem is highly dependent on the imaging modality and many
other factors.
However, you can find some solutions in the contributions to the Insight
Journal (IJ) [1].

Please, bear in mind that not all contributions have been merged to ITK's
master, so you will need to download the materials for a given IJ
contribution, and build it as a separate project (once you've downloaded
and built ITK). In theory, all contributions to the IJ contain all
necessary materials to be built (it may happen that they were built for
earlier/other versions of ITK, but this shouldn't be a major problem).

On the other hand, ITK's classes are templated over the image
dimensionality, so can perfectly have your algorithms run in 3D without
much effort.

Finally, ITK is cross-platform, so developing on Ubuntu is just the same as
developing for any other OS.

HTH,
JON HAITZ

[1] http://www.midasjournal.org/search/?search=keyword:vessel