[ITK-users] Masks for pixelwise normalized correlation

carlos chernando at telespazio.es
Wed Jun 11 04:41:27 EDT 2014

Dear all,

in case someone have someday the same problem, I just want to comment what I
have concluded for this case after several tests:
- If the region of interest is a rectangular one (for instance, if using a
rectangular window), the use of a region instead of a mask is recommended
and in this case: metric->SetFixedImageRegion shall be used instead of
metric->SetFixedImageMask.
- The fixed mask/region shall include all the pixels that want to be used in
the metric computation, so it does include the metric window.
- The moving image is not needed, because I want to be able to use any pixel
of the moving image.

I hope it helps someone sometime.

Best regards
Carlos