[ITK-users] Imagebase:: A spacing of 0 is not allowed.

UJJWAL aryan meetukme at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 13:00:51 EDT 2014

Hi,

I figured out that the problem is happening in the final of the code where
the ImageFileWriter is invoked. As I do writer->Update(), it throws an
exception. The error is as follows :

itk::ExceptionObject (0x14f1a60)
Location: "void
itk::ImageBase<VImageDimension>::ComputeIndexToPhysicalPointMatrices()
[with unsigned int VImageDimension = 2u]"
File: /usr/local/include/ITK-4.5/itkImageBase.hxx
Line: 184
Spacing is [0, 0]

I do not understand that why this error is coming. Would I need to set the
physical spacing and everything manually ?

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 8:47 PM, Bradley Lowekamp <blowekamp at mail.nih.gov>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I didn't a quick look at your code and didn't see any thing obvious.
>
> What needs to be done is to figure out which filter is misbehaving. To do
> this place a try/catch around the update for a filters. Start with the
> first suspicions  filter in your pipeline then test. The idea is to try to
> isolate the section of your pipeline causing the trouble. Once you figure
> out which part is problematic you can drill down and examine the filter
> more closely.
>
> Brad
>
> On Jun 14, 2014, at 9:42 AM, UJJWAL aryan <meetukme at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am attaching a small snippet of a code I was writing. However on running
> the code I get the following error :
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'itk::ExceptionObject'
>   what():  /usr/local/include/ITK-4.5/itkImageBase.hxx:184:
> itk::ERROR: Image(0x189eab0): A spacing of 0 is not allowed: Spacing is
> [0, 0]
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> Could someone please point out what am I missing here ?
>
> --
> Ujjwal
> IIIT Hyderabad
> Mob - 8142265628