[Insight-users] [ITK Community] PadImageFilter and image origin?

Loic Le Folgoc loic.itk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 08:35:12 EST 2014

Hi,

If the origin (physical coordinates of index (0,0)) has been kept the
same, then it's likely the starting index of the padded image
(GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetIndex()) that is modified accordingly.
I'm pretty sure this filter works as intended but I don't have the code
under my eyes to double-check.

However, I do think there are a couple of filters with possibly
suspicious handling of the output starting index/origin. The
InverseDisplacementFieldImageFilter comes to mind: I could be wrong, but
it doesn't seem to handle the starting index of the output image at all,
which then defaults to 0. Of course the user is free to change the
spacing, origin and size of the output domain, but I guess the expected
default behaviour would be (that of most ImageToImage filters) for the
output to replicate the region/spacing/origin of the input to avoid
possible loss of consistency.

Loïc