[Insight-users] ITK filter dimensions.

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Mon Mar 3 13:45:48 EST 2014

Dear Fabian,
you may solve the issue using a templated filter. The
itk::ImageToImageFilter is templated over its input and output image types,
which, at the same time, are templated over their pixel type and dimension
[1].

Thus, if you define your own filter templated over its input/output image
types (and ideally, inheriting itk's ImageToImageFilter) you'd be able to
specify the type at execution time, when you read your 2D or 3D (even ND)
input.

In order to know the pixel type and dimensions of an image at execution
time, you can get some inspiration from ITK's ReadUnknownImageType example
[2].

HTH,
JON HAITZ

[1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Image.html