[Insight-users] ITK filter dimensions.

Simon Alexander skalexander at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:46:32 EST 2014

Fabian,

You can use  itk::ImageIOFactory::CreateImageIO  to create an IO object
that will read metadata about your image, for example it will have a
GetNumberOfDimensions method.

You'll have to specialize your template instantiations on the dimensions
you need then.

e.g., something like:

auto imageIO =
itk::ImageIOFactory::CreateImageIO(filename,itk::ImageIOFactory::ReadMode);
imageIO->SetFileName(filename);
imageIO->ReadImageInformation();
auto dimensions =  imageIO->GetNumberOfDimensions();

switch (dimensions)
{
  case 2:
  SwitchOnComponent<2U>(config, identity, info);
  break;
  case 3:
SwitchOnComponent<3U>(config, identity, info);
break;