[Insight-users] [ITK Community] Expression: map/set iterator not dereferencable using STLMeshIO

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Mar 4 12:03:58 EST 2014

Hi Yurrit,

It is great to hear about your interest in the STL reader.

Could you please replace the line:

              reader->Update();

with the try / catch block:

try
{
     reader->Update();
}
catch( itk::ExceptionObject & excp )
{
    std::cerr << excp << std::endl;
    return EXIT_FAILURE;
}

I'm suspecting that the real problem is the path to your file:

 const char * inputFileName = "inputfile.stl";

that should rather be a full path, such as (for example):

 const char * inputFileName =
"C:/MyFiles/ReproducibleScience/STL/inputfile.stl";

and that due to the current lack of the try / catch block,
we are not seeing the error message that points to the
true cause of the problem.

Please give it a try, with the try / catch block,
and with the full path to your STL file, and
let us know what you find,