[Insight-users] [ITK Community] Generate gaussian noise image

Brian Helba brian.helba at kitware.com
Thu Mar 6 20:54:49 EST 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Bradley Lowekamp <blowekamp at mail.nih.gov>wrote:

> I think it is desirable for the same output to result of 1 thread is used
> or is 80 is used. To do this you need to re-initalize the generator at
> every scanline, plus a single settable seed for the class.
>
> Brad

Also a strong +1 to this.

Just to restate what I believe Brad is saying: Ensure that the smallest
unit of work is the scanline (or some equivalent), reinitialize the
thread-local PRNG at the start of each scanline (or the equivalent), with
the seed value as a function of only the scanline number and some constant
with a fixed default value. If a user wants different or non-deterministic
output, then they may initialize the constant to their own value before
generating the data.

--
Brian Helba
Medical Imaging