[ITK-users] [ITK Community] [Insight-users] Constraining deformable registration to a single dimension

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Mar 19 09:33:36 EDT 2014

Hi Sven,

The BSpline parameters are composed of a linear array of
vector components, from each one of the BSpline Grid point.

So, Let's say that in a 2D example,
a BSpline grid has 30 x 20 nodes.

30 along X
20 along Y

For a total of 30x20 = 600 nodes.

then,
at every one of those nodes,
we will compute a 2D vector that has X, Y components.

This will be the displacement vector that maps the coordinates
of the fixed image to the coordinate system of the moving image.

So, the Parameter Array of the BSpline will be composed of
the following values

X0,Y0,X1, Y1, X2, Y2, X3, Y3........   X598,Y598, X599, Y599

Where the numbers from 0 to 599 are the identifiers of a given
grid node, and X,Y, are the components of the displacement
vector at that node.

You could use the ParameterScales array to mitigate the values
of one of the parameters corresponding to the dimension that
you don't want to change.

You will find more details about this in the ITK Software Guide

        http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Please let us know if you have more questions.