[ITK-users] SetImportPointer(T *, letContainerManageMemory)

Emma Ryan eryanvtk at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 15:43:31 EDT 2014

Hi,

  If I declare a variable such as

float *img = new float[500];

and pass 'img' to the import filter with the LetContainerManageMemory = true, then do I still need to

call delete [] img ?    Or will the filter take care of this ?. The documentation seems to imply that delete [] img will be called by ITK internally.  Just want to confirm this.

Also, does the ExtractImageFilter create a new buffer for the extracted portion ? If so, do I need to clean up memory ?  Or will ITK smart pointers handle it ?

thanks,
Emma