[ITK-users] FastMarching and FastMarchingBase

Wei Liu weiliu620 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 18:36:16 EDT 2014

Dear ITK users,

When I look at the ITK FastMarching module I found two version of same
filter. For example, I found FastMarchingImageFilter
and FastMarchingImageFilterBase have similar functions, also I
found FastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter
and FastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilterBase. I can see some functions are
different (such as set stop criterion), but is there anything I need to
know about when I should use which of these filters?

This Git commit [1] seems to say that two implementations co-exists: "
With this change both frameworks (ITKv3 and refactored one) co-exist,
classes have different name to avoid conflicts." Not sure if it's related
to my questions.

Anyone has any thoughts about it? I appreciate your input.

Wei

[1]
http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=commit;h=6271a744582c413c7db57456c8ee0149930e5fd9