[ITK-users] [ITK] Exception when running IO example ImageReadCastWrite in Xcode

padillr ramonpadilla1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 03:41:09 EDT 2014

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

>> Use CMake to generate the XCode project for the HelloWorld or
>> ImageReadCastWrite, and it will automatically generate all the
>> factories.

Why do I need to do this?

Ultimately I would like to use the ITK libraries in my application by
including the appropriate ITK headers and linking to the appropriate ITK
binaries from my existing Xcode project. I don't want to have to generate
Xcode projects using CMake for that?

Are you saying that isn't feasible?

>> Yes, the CMake generate XCode or Makefiles are different.  With the
>> CMake generated project, it will create a directory in your build
>> directory called "ITKIOFactoryRegistration".  This contains the
>> generated header files that do the factory registration automatically.
>>  The have to be created at CMake configure time because they depend on
>> which ITK IO modules were enabled.

What determines which ITK IO modules are enabled?

Is it not possible to build the libraries using CMake and then just use them
without having to use CMake to build whatever uses them?