[ITK-users] best extension method to use with itk deconvolution

Brian Northan bnorthan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:03:02 EDT 2014

Hi List

I recently took part in the 3d microscopy grand challenge.
http://bigwww.epfl.ch/deconvolution/challenge/

One of the big issues was non-circulant boundary conditions.
http://bigwww.epfl.ch/deconvolution/challenge/index.html?p=documentation/theory/forwardmodel

The contest is over but I was wondering if anybody participated using
ITK??  If so how did you deal with the boundary??

I used a non-circulant deconvolution algorithm (similar to the examples
provided by the organizers with some modifications for noise handling) and
it really seems to work well.  So I was interested in running
comparisons.   ITK seems like a good option for that since it has a few
different algorithm implementations.

Any suggestions??  So far I tried Richardson Lucy with Neumann boundary as
a comparison.  Any other suggestions?  Any other parameters I should play
with??  Is it possible to fade the extended pixels somehow??