[ITK-users] [ITK] Add Seed in SimpleITK.IsolatedConnectedImageFilter

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue May 13 09:09:35 EDT 2014

Hello Chaira,

1) I don't think those methods should be deprecated. I think that the Seed interfaces for the two filters you mentioned should match. That means this method should not be removed.

2) The SimpleITK filter currently doesn't consider Seed1 and Seed2 to be list it's just treating them like single points. In my experience when I tries to use many seeds very frequently the filter would fail to find a valid value and fail.

I think it's most useful for the procedural method to stay as it is just accepting the two points. What could be done is to add a methods just to the class interface which allows for the Set/Get as a list. I would not be inclined to add the Clear and Add function methods as the interface.

What is your time frame on this?

Brad