[ITK-users] ITKOpenCVBridge on Ubuntu 12.04: fatal error: itkOpenCVImageBridge.h: No such file or directory

donelron donelron at web.de
Tue May 13 16:34:24 EDT 2014

Hi Dzenan,
thanks for the hint!

I successfully added "Module_ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV" when building ITK.
However, when running the make command directly after this I get:

[ 95%] Building CXX object
Modules/Video/BridgeOpenCV/src/CMakeFiles/ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV.dir/itkOpenCVVideoIO.cxx.o
In file included from
/home/ron/Downloads/itk/InsightToolkit-4.5.2/Modules/Video/BridgeOpenCV/src/itkOpenCVVideoIO.cxx:18:0:
/home/ron/Downloads/itk/InsightToolkit-4.5.2/Modules/Video/BridgeOpenCV/include/itkOpenCVVideoIO.h:22:16:
fatal error: cv.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: ***
[Modules/Video/BridgeOpenCV/src/CMakeFiles/ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV.dir/itkOpenCVVideoIO.cxx.o]
Error 1
make[1]: ***
[Modules/Video/BridgeOpenCV/src/CMakeFiles/ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Since cv.h is part of OpenCV I am assuming that this is rather a problem
with OpenCV, not ITK?!?
Any ideas how to solve it?
By the way: I have installed OpenCV via the Ubuntu sudo apt-get install...
So my OpenCV is not compiled from source.